- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
We use the personal information or personal data for the following purposes:
- to operate our business and this website;
- to send communications, including promotional communications;
- to provide better usability, troubleshooting and site maintenance;
- to create your user ID;
- to identify you once you register on our website;
- to contact you and respond to your questions or requests;
- to provide access to desirable content based on your preferences;
- to process job application and alumni related requests, more details about which are available on corresponding portals of this website.
We also use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from Lepton by email, SMS, post and telephone or other means of communication.
You can make choices about our collection and use of your data. For example, you may want to access, edit or remove the personal information in your Lepton website or microsite account, change your password, or close your account. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Lepton, and the choices you make, including your privacy settings.
In general, you can visit Lepton website without telling us who you are. Our web servers or affiliates who provide analytics and performance enhancement services collect IP address, operating system details, browsing details, device details and language settings. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. Lepton uses this information to measure the site usage, improve content and to ensure safety and security as well enhance performance of the website.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded to a user’s computer or mobile device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. They are used for a wide variety of purposes such as website analytics – counting visitors and their behavior, targeted advertising, recording user preferences or for authentication.
Necessary or Essential Cookies – Cookies which are absolutely necessary for the running of a website. These are generally first-party cookies are usually exempted from the consent requirement. E.g. authentication cookies, session cookies etc.
Functional Cookies – Cookies, which are set up to improve the functionality of the site or track/monitor user behavior, preferences etc. These cookies are non-essential a website can run without usage of such cookies. E.g. Language preference, site behavior for a registered user, tracking of user, analytics, social plug-in etc. These cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can also change your browser settings on your computer or other device you are using to access our services. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and erase cookies.
We make our best efforts to give you excellent customer service and offer you premium choices on this site. We do not disclose, sell, trade or rent your personal or any information to anyone, except in following cases:
- We rely on and employ third party service providers to perform certain functions such as order fulfillment and analytics on our behalf. We disclose your specific personal information to these service providers to help them perform better.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
- Relevant third parties (including but not limited to affiliates) in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- We may share information with affiliated entities/subsidiaries/branch offices for legitimate business purposes.
- We may provide the information to trusted entities that work on behalf of or with Lepton under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help Lepton to communicate with you about offers from Lepton and for other legitimate business purposes. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information.
- We may share information where we believe it is necessary in order to protect or enforce Lepton’s rights, usage terms, intellectual or physical property or for safety of Lepton or associated parties.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the website you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of Lepton as described in this privacy statement.
In general, Lepton is domiciled in Gurgaon, Haryana, is the data controller processing your Personal Information. The following applies only where the data controller processing your personal information or data of a person who is domiciled in the European Union (“EU”) or European Economic Area (“EEA”). Lepton adheres to applicable data protection laws in the EU/EEA, which if applicable includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a “data protection officer” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to request from us that your personal data are erased, subject to certain exceptions;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
The data of customers that we collect through this website is submitted on a safe server. It’s hard for the hackers to decrypt the details since we implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing. If you are located in the EU/ EEA, under normal circumstances, your personal information should stay within the EU/EEA where there is corresponding data protection legislation (GDPR), but on occasions, we have clients that are based outside this region. In cases where information is transferred outside the EU/EEA, your special consent should be required. We ensure the equal protection of your privacy in the case of a non-EU/EEA transfer through our terms of business.
We keep your personal information for so long as is necessary in light of the purpose for which it was originally collected or lawfully further processed. The criteria we use to determine the period of time for which your personal information may be kept include:
- the nature and type of personal information that you provide to us;
- the purpose for which you provide your personal information to us; and
- necessary business and operational requirements to continue to supply you with the services or functionality you have requested.
We may retain your information for a longer time period if we are required to do so by law.
Because of the nature of our business, our services are not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Name: Lepton Software Export & Research Pvt. Ltd
Address: 570, Udyog Vihar, Phase-V, Gurugram, Haryana-122016, INDIA
This Privacy Statement is effective from August 1, 2018 and it supersedes all existing polices on the subject matter, if any.
Please note that this Privacy Statement may be subject to change from time to time. The revised Privacy Statement will accordingly be published on this page. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. Please regularly check this Privacy Statement to ensure you are aware of the latest updates with respect to the same.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on August 1, 2018.
Lepton may choose to send direct mailers to you at the address given by you. We respect your privacy and in the event that you choose to not receive such mailers, kindly let us know in writing or by e-mail, we will take all steps to remove you from the list.