The Head of Product Engineering is a leadership role that seeks excellence in Lepton product development and team management. Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Drive the technical strategy and architectural vision for the product.
- Ability to bring excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, algorithms, and database management systems.
- Responsible for the overall software development and life-cycle management.
- Bring innovative, with a passion for problem-solving.
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment.
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement in practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives.
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions.
- Work closely with Product management team to adapt to customer needs, market segment trends, competitive opportunities and threats to define and develop product releases and features.
- Stay connected with the product market through customer facing team and direct engagement with key customers.
- Timely execution of product/projects as per roadmap and timelines.
- Bring in new and relevant technologies for the purpose of realizing efficiency.
- Ensure the implementation of agile processes that support Site/software development processes.
- Should stay abreast of leading and cutting-edge technologies (including open sources platforms) and industry best practices. Continuously absorb relevant and suitable technology based on the projected benefits to the software development.
- Establish unified design tools, frameworks, and processes for early product explorations.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards.
- Provide technical leadership to a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle.
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent. It is expected that he/she would be able to build the team without completely relying on the HR team.
- Supporting the professional goals and development opportunities for the entire engineering staff —including providing coaching and mentoring, one-on-one meetings and reviewing each engineer’s
- Bring great attitude and be a team player so that he/she becomes energy amplifier.
QUALIFICATION & SKILLSET
- Minimum of 10+ years of development and management experience in software development. The candidate must be technologically adept and demonstrate outstanding hands-on software development
- Hands-on experience in server-side web technologies such as NodeJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB. Experience with Python & Django is a plus.
- Must have strong hands on modern client-side web technologies such as ReactJS, Redux, Reactive extensions, browser compatibility & graceful degradation.
- Full stack expertise required.
- At least 5 years’ building and leading software engineering teams.
- At least 4 years’ experience with object-oriented programming, functional programming and data design.
- At least 4 years’ experience in developing scalable web applications and architectural designs.
- At least 4 years’ experience with RESTful APIs.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Cloud technologies.
- At least 2 years’ experience of leading a product engineering team.
- Experience building software systems in telecommunications industry or GIS platform would be