JOB RESPONSIBILITY FOR DATABASE
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage. Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The DBA works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the PostgreSQL and Oracle Databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances and cloud VM’s and services. Performs database re organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database. Install new versions of the PostgreSQL and Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database. Plans and implements backup and recovery of the databases. Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the PostgresSQL and Oracle Databases.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects. Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools. Create new database users as required and support to development and deployment team as an when basis.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY FOR CLOUD
- Establishing deep relationships with key decision makers who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company. Help drive customer adoption of existing and new SaaS products and solutions
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes Manage a broad scope of deployed Cloud solutions, from the OS level to the client GUI Maintain online knowledge base, document customer specific solutions
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve technical issues
- Work closely with Enterprise Software Support Services and Professional Services resources to ensure proper escalation of casework
- Collaborate to facilitate system maintenance deliverables, testing and associated outage notifications are produced accurately and on time
- Work flexible hours to mitigate the impact to production systems within the course of a service-impacting outage
QUALIFICATION & SKILL-SET
- Have a minimum 3 years of working experience as an Oracle DBA.
- Have proven strong system and application DBA knowledge
- Oracle Spatial with Migration Skills
- Data Import & Export from various versions
- Knowledge on Database configuration & creation for various business objectives Database tuning & optimization
- PL/SQL programming & query optimization.
- Knowledge of the operating system(s)
- Knowledge on other Spatial Databases. Eg. Postgres, ArcSDE
- Knowledge on GIS Concepts
- Have strong communication skills and leadership skills, willing to adapt and learn new technology. Detailed oriented, analytical mindset, highly effective at decision making.